Sunday 30 October 2005

Rainy Stash Sunday

So what do you do on a rainy Sunday - you surf the internet of course, and you follow people around who are definitely bad influences and you finish up at places like Stash Sunday where we are all card carrying members of "SABLE"--- Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy!
and where we discuss who has the largest/most diverse stash, no, wait - discussing is not good enough, you have to prove it with pictures.

I am not a frilly lacey delicate or dainty type of person so how do I happen to have 5 boxes of lace in my stash?
Stash Sunday lace
Stash Sunday lace

and this is Maltese Lace made by my Maltese mother in law

Stash Sunday lace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for trying out stash sunday! That is qyiite a bit of lace! How do you dye it?

Erica said...

Hi Samantha, someone at the flickr site asked me how I dye it - this is what I said there:
it's not hard to do, I dampen the lace, spread it on a plastic tray, drip the colour on in spots and where they meet they blend into another colour, cover with cling wrap then set it in the microwave for a minute or two. Hardest part is persuading the dog that I'm not cooking food for her, she follows me from microwave to sink and back VBG

Related Posts with Thumbnails