Monday 26 November 2007

Charm swap

OK, enough griping about politics and the filthy rich, let's get back to what this blog was supposed to be about.

I'm taking part in a charm round robin with ATASDA, a textile group I belong to.
We've been divided into groups of nine, we each make a bracelet or necklace which will be circulated around our group, each of us adding a charm, so the completed piece will come back to us with nine charms attached.

It doesn't have to be a necklace, it's been suggested that the charms could go onto a windcatcher or candlesticks, whatever we like.

I've made a necklace foundation from beaded wire woven into a tube on a knitting dolly, it didn't turn out as smooth as I hoped because the beads were not easy to pull though the hole of the dolly.
Then I fed a ribbon necklace with clasps already attached, through the centre of the tube.
My charm is a small bottle with lace, beads and threads inside.

charm swap

I'm feeling a tad inadequate after I saw a couple of the other necklaces that have been posted to the groups yahoo site.....
hmmmm....I still have four days to come up with something else....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails