Wednesday 18 March 2009

What If Wednesday

I haven't had a What if for a few weeks so here's a double helping.

What if I take a piece of terylene curtaining fabric with embroidered flowers and needle felt through it -
On the front the embroidered threads just chopped up, but I liked this piece best - worked from the back of the fabric the embroidery merged nicely as the wool pushed through to the front of the fabric, and framed the one flower that was not felted.

What if...

and here is a very easy way of adding texture to paper,
paint a layer of gesso onto paper then rubber stamp into the still wet gesso.
Best with a large stamp without too much fine detail, here I used stamps that I had carved into erasers.

What if...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

both great ideas. i thought gesso was white - did you mix paint with it, or paint over the the dried, stamped gesso?

Erica said...

sorry Paula, I should have mentioned this, gesso is white, I painted over it when dry with acrylic, then touched over that with metallic Lumiere paint

Zoya said...

I recently made few simple stamps, so I'll have to try out that gesso trick. Thanks for sharing.

Erica said...

thanks Fioleta

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Hi Erica
Good to catch up with you ... love your blog. I am fairly new to blogging, but enjoy it so much. I also have the Hello Dollies blog ... have you seen it http://agbhellodollies.blogspot.com
glad you visited the etsy comp. good luck,
Wilma

Erica said...

thanks for visiting Wilma, yes I've found Hello Dollies too, loved the Mrs. Chalemeau display

Related Posts with Thumbnails