Saturday, March 03, 2012

Week 9 - Bibbul-mun, part 2


PART 2 - The Transforming of Bibbul-mun

First I removed the mushroom from the base – the base now took on the appearance of a pair of wings –hmmm, put that aside for later….

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

I wet felted several shapes, none of which turned out to be right, so finished by needlefelting clumps of wool as I went along.

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

I used an undyed scap wool for the base to conserve my coloured wool. Sometimes this can be a false economy as you then have to cover the white but as this was quite large I thought it worth doing.

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

The legs were formed over wire which was then inserted into the wool body and more wool needlefelted around the join for stability, again not completely successful, the legs are still a bit wobbly even after adding all the embroidery.

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

The arms were formed on one piece of wire inserted all the way through the body, this whole process has been a steep learning curve of what not to do, as the arms (naturally) both moved together – well, duh Erica, what did you expect!  Any future dragons requiring an armature will be built up over the armature and not the other way round!

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun
 
Not sure what he looks like here – I keep thinking of the Adipose from Dr. Who…..

 Week 9  Bibbul-mun

The embroidery was added next, and this is something I could have kept adding to for weeks, I may go back and do more later.  

Then the “mushroom” neck and head were added, I decided not to try to make the head look any more dragonlike, or to emphasize the eyes as I had with Cordelia – it would detract from his camouflage and ability to hide himself!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails