Monday 16 April 2012

Week 15 - Plastered!


We enjoyed a wonderful day entertaining the grandchildren at the Sydney Family Show held at what is now called The Entertainment Quarter, but oldies like us remember it best as the old showground, home of the Royal Easter Show all the years we were growing up.  The Royal has now moved to Homebush Olympic venue and is exorbitantly expensive to visit, so we opted for the free entry of the Family Show.

Sydney Family ShowSydney Family Show

It wasn’t as good as the Royal, I guess you get what you pay for.  I think it was geared towards the under twelves who were there in great quantities on the rides and games and it would have been relatively inexpensive for their parents, but not much to interest the adults or older children.
Our littlest grand was fascinated with the animal nursery where she hugged a goat, had her first pony ride and her first carousel ride.

On the way out we passed the Plaster Painting Studio which looked fun, so biggest grand and I bought a couple of plaster casts to take away and paint later at home, of course I chose a dragon. 

 week 15 plaster dragon

I thought this little dragon was sleeping but on closer inspection, he had one wary eye open watching me.

 week 15 plaster dragon

 week 15 plaster dragon

It was relaxing, being a kid again and painting a model, I loved my plaster of paris moulds when I was a child.
Not too sure if I like him best before or after I added the iridescent medium over the bright acrylics.

week 15 plaster dragon

week 15 plaster dragon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails