Monday 11 June 2012

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

 Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Back in February I produced Cordelia (known as Cordy).
Cordy had evolved from a piece of freeform cord weaving which had already been started.

I wondered how it would be to use this technique again, starting from scratch, with a dragon in mind.
I have to say it was a lot harder than improvising as I had with Cordy.

I wanted to make a long Asian style dragon.  He didn't hold his shape very well so I finished up covering a piece of aluminium sculpting wire and feeding it through the centre of his body.

I did have fun though, with the stitching and shaping and had to stop myself from getting too carried away with him.

...and the name?
I thought the male equivalent of Cordelia would have to be Cord.

On looking up the meaning of Cord, I found it was the abbreviation of Cordell, an old french word for a rope or cord maker ... how perfect was that!  

 Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

Week 23 - Cordell the Dragon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails