Monday 23 July 2012

Week 29 - The Keeper of the Cottons

I found this little dragon about to take a nose dive into my jar of thread offcuts.
After swooshing delightedly around the jar, she climbed out and appointed herself the Keeper of the Cottons.

Week 29 - The Keeper of the Cottons

I do hope I won't have to ask permission to use my threads, she seems to have claimed them all.

Week 29 - The Keeper of the Cottons

Week 29 - The Keeper of the Cottons

Week 29 - The Keeper of the Cottons

The Keeper was first sewn in felt, then merino wool was needlefelted onto her body and wet-felted to help mat it together.  Her wings were wet felted then mohair was needlefelted onto the wings and spine.
She also received some trim from the thread offcut jar, which is probably why she enjoyed diving into it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails